As a Finance Manager you are responsible for all Finance, HR and governance related projects within inSided.
inSided is looking for a business-minded financial who wants to make an impact in a growing SaaS company in the heart of Amsterdam. You will report directly to the CEO and will be fully responsible for providing leading financial and business information to the management team and to the board. As we are an international business, the complexity of our financial processes is increasing. You are responsible to unleash accurate data, to conduct analysis based on all the available information and advise the company accordingly. Your sharp eye for detail and conceptual thinking provides the company with the necessary tools and insights to improve or even find new ways of working.
- Accurate and timely (financial and business) reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare the monthly financial statement closing process up to monthly reports with variance analysis on budget versus actuals
- Oversee all aspects of budgeting, forecasting, and monthly reporting processes - ensure accuracy and predictability of results and key metrics. Develop and maintain P&L.
- Manage a team of two (one bookkeeper and one Office Manager), evolving processes and helping them achieve their potential.
- Prepare VAT filings and other external requested documents
- Liaise with external auditors, clients, and suppliers where needed.
- Review and approve suppliers' invoices and employees' expenses.
- Manage all AP and AR processes including revenue control, invoicing and payments with current customers.
- Provide legal support for customers’ and employees’ contracts, including GDPR, company liabilities and insurances.
- Manage equity transactions and governance processes with the shareholders and the board.
- Design and implement the Compensation Plans for the whole organization in coordination with the C-suite and manage the monthly salary administration.
- Provide executive management with clear insights into drivers of the business and financial performance and risks; assess business/market opportunities and inform/recommend prioritization decisions.
Desired skills and expertise
- 4-10 years experience in a similar / finance position (in other growing companies or as a manager in a top accounting firm)
- High energy team player with a lot of ambition to quickly learn and develop yourself in the company
- Experience in software/SaaS accounting and Revenue Recognition is a huge plus
- Accurate, proactive, self-starter with a ‘never miss a deadline’ attitude
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English
- Strong knowledge and business usage of Office tools and Salesforce is a plus
What do we offer
- A job at a scale-up with a lot of responsibilities and direct CEO & board contact
- International company with offices in Amsterdam and New York, working with global well-known brands
- A central role within inSided that defines a large part of our growth and success.
- A highly dynamic working environment, as inSided is growing and you will be part of this growth
- A place to learn, experiment, discover and develop yourself further
- A work hard, play hard environment (we are big fans of Friday afternoon drinks, boat trips, parties and events)
- Fun colleagues and a beautiful office in the heart of Amsterdam (an 8-minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station)
Behind the scenes
Watch the inSided team video to learn more about inSided.
As a leader in community technology, inSided helps companies to increase self-service, increase engagement and improve products. The inSided customer success community platform powers successful communities - attracting millions of visitors - for companies like Sonos, T-Mobile and Gainsight. We are an experienced company with community building firmly rooted in our DNA and constantly strive to improve our product, look at its ROI, and make our clients 100% satisfied. inSided has offices in Amsterdam and New York. We have a motivated and entrepreneurial team, love to brainstorm on new ideas together and regularly celebrate our continued success.
inSided uses Topgrading for its hiring process. The final step in this process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former supervisors as well as others we may choose. Contact Robin van Lieshout (email@example.com) for questions about this vacancy.
Details from this job description are not to be used for marketing purposes. inSided does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at inSided via e-mail, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of inSided, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by inSided.